Click here For more information.
Thank you for your interest in the DeKalb County School District Pre-K program. The Pre-K lottery application for the 2023-2024 school year will be available 9:00 am on Tuesday, February 21, 2023 and will close at 11:59 pm on Tuesday, March 21, 2023. Seats are filled randomly through an electronic lottery process. The lottery drawing will be held the week of March 27, 2023. Results will be released via email to all applicants. Applicants who are awarded a seat, will receive an email with registration directions.
Birthdays between September 2, 2018- September 1, 2019 are eligible for the 2023-2024 Pre-K lottery. Birthdays between September 2, 2019- September 1, 2020 are eligible for the PK-3 lottery.
- Proof of birth(Your child must be four years old on or between September 2, 2023 through September 1, 2024)
- Original certified birth certificate, Hospital Record of Live Birth, Green Card, Pink Card or Federal I-94 Card; or child’s passport (Copies of these documents are not accepted)
- Proof of legal guardianship(If applicable)
- Only required if your name is not on the child’s birth certificate
- Parent/Guardian proof of identification
- Valid state or government issued photo ID, such as a Georgia Driver’s license, or a valid U.S. passport ID
- Proof of Parent/Guardian Georgia Residency
- Mortgage or lease/rental agreement in your name, OR an electric, gas, or water bill in your name; (Cable and phone bills are not acceptable)
**If you are living with someone and you do not have a lease, mortgage or utility bill in your name, you must submit the following: A signed and notarized Affidavit of Residency AND a lease/mortgage statement or utility bill in the name of the person that you are living with AND a form of mail in the name of the child’s guardian showing a matching address to the affidavit. For a copy of the affidavit of residency form, please CLICK HERE.
- Child’s original Social Security Card OR “Waiver”
- If a waiver is needed, it will be provided to you during the enrollment session
- Category I proof, if applicable (Copy of only 1: CAPS, Food Stamps, Medicaid, SSI or TANIF)
- Immunization Certificate (3231) or a notarized Affidavit of Religious Objections to Immunization (DPH Form 2208) is presented
- Vision, Hearing, Nutrition, and Dental Screening Certificate (3300)
**Submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance into the program.